Sunday, June 6, 2010

ice cream vs. sorbet (lyn)

I pass the local ice-cream store tonight and there’s a line stretching onto the sidewalk.  It’s still very hot, maybe 80’s, and I want a Sedutto chocolate chip ice-cream cone.  I decide that tonight will be the night.  I come home, have a lobster-salad sandwich with Pringles light, and then it’s time for dessert.  I go to the ww web site and figure that a premium size, one-cup ice cream is about 13.5 points (not including the one point for the cone). Why can’t etools show measurements by scoops?  I don’t have it in me tonight to convert a scoop size to a cup size. The scoops at Sedutto are large, so I figure one scoop to be about one cup. 13.5 points.  I can’t do it.  I’ve been brainwashed.  I settle for 4.5 points (one cup) of passion fruit sorbet.  Still very good.  But I wonder.  Will I ever be able to eat a chocolate chip ice cream cone again, without thinking about its point value?  And if the answer is yes, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment