Sunday, June 6, 2010

food inspector (m)

The Dairy Maid in the town in which I grew up makes the best soft serve ice cream but I really can't have that anymore.  They also sell frozen yogurt.  I once asked for the calories, fat and fiber content and got the wrong information (The kid told me 25 grams of fiber but that was the total carbohydrate count.  If it were 25 grams of fiber in one serving..... well, we won't go there.)

Tonight, we had dinner at a nice pub.  I had the grilled fish with half a baked potato.  I was saving dessert for Dairy Maid.

I bought a points calculator from WW.  It's about the size of my Blackberry.  I brought it to the counter with me tonight.  I asked the kid to show me the nutrition label from the box.  I input the calories, fat and fiber content.  1/2 cup is 1 point.  Pretty good.  Then I asked for a taste.  Very good.

I ordered one kiddie size portion (1/2 cup) and left satisfied.

As I was walking away, I heard someone say "Who was that?"

The girl behind the counter said "I think it was the food inspector."

Beats being a store clerk at AC Moore.

No comments:

Post a Comment