Saturday, June 26, 2010

weighing-in (lyn)


This morning’s WW meeting is being held in another restaurant, only this one is only two miles from my parent’s home.  I arrive a few minutes before the start of class.

I’m in line to get weighed when a woman comes up to me and asks if I’m new.  "I'm actually just visiting my parents.  I live in New York,"  I say.  She asks my name and I tell her.  Excitedly she says, “Hi, I’m Mookie.”  She’s one of my mother’s many friends, and I’ve never met her, although I’ve heard the name many times over the years. Who could forget a name like Mookie? 

She insists on introducing me to Mary, another friend of my mother’s whom I’ve never met.  The two women are very friendly and jokingly implore me to leave the Cape.  “We miss your mom and want to go out with her but she won’t join us as long as her family is visiting.”  My mother is very popular.

I sit down at a table and soon Davida, another very-nice friend of my mom’s but someone I know, joins me.  The leader here is animated and fun and makes the meeting enjoyable.

The 45 minutes goes by quickly.  But the best part of the meeting?  Despite 10 days of not tracking and bad eating (including a burger, some fries, guacamole, multiple desserts, and bigger-than-usual lunches), I am only up one pound.  

No comments:

Post a Comment