Saturday, June 26, 2010

splurging (lyn)

After a successful weigh-in this morning, I’m ready to go all out tonight.

Alexander, Cynthia, her pretty 17-year old daughter and her daughter’s adorable friend and I all go to dinner at Bobby Byrne’s.  It’s a beautiful night and we decide to eat outside.  I try to act like everyone else and pretend that ordering friend clams with french fries is an ordinary occurrence.  But not only is it something I’ve not done in a year, it’s something I have prepared myself to do tonight, with a lot of trepidation.  I am acutely aware that this is a very bad choice.

Before dinner arrives it starts to rain, and now there are no available tables outside.  We move our table under a large umbrella and everyone is dry and happy.

The food arrives and it is every bit as good as I had imagined it would be.  And the funny thing is that I feel no guilt at all.  I’ve earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment