Wednesday, June 30, 2010

book club (lyn)

Haven’t been to book club since March, only 5.4 pounds ago.  But those few pounds, coupled with summer clothes and a tan, make all the difference.

I arrive a little late.  As soon as I walk in, everyone notices a big difference.  I’m greeted with comments like:



·     “You look amazing.”
·     “Even your legs look so good.  Have you always had great legs?”
·     “I can’t believe you’re 10 years younger than I am.”
·     “Are you working out a lot? 
·     “You got this way just from dieting?!”
·     “Sometimes when you’re older and you lose weight it shows in your face, but not in a good way.  But that didn’t happen to you at all.  Even your face looks better.”
And my favorite:
·                        “You look f—king unbelievable!”

We talked for hours about life and kids and even the book (which I loved), Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann.  


I just hope that a year from now I still look and feel this good.

No comments:

Post a Comment