Monday, June 14, 2010

first meal on the cape (lyn)

We decide to have lunch at Charlie’s in Buzzard’s Bay.  My mother entices me with, “They serve lobstah rolls now.”   We get to Charlie’s and the waitress hands us a menu.  No lobster rolls are on it.  We inquire and the waitress says, “We are thinking of adding lobstah rolls to the menu. We had them on Mother’s Day and they were a real hit.”  Mother’s Day?  A month ago?  Lobster rolls on the menu for ONE day?  My mother does tend to exaggerate.

In any case, the lunch specials are:

·    Fried sea food plate
·    Fried scallop roll
·    Fried clam roll
·    Chop Suey
·    Spaghetti and Meatballs
·    Individual Pizza and Salad

Charlie's is the only restaurant I know where the specials of the day include Italian, Chinese, and Seafood.   I ask if the waitress can have the scallops broiled instead of fried.  Nope;  they only come fried.  So I order a small onion pizza, and then remember that Charlie’s has the best pizza on the Cape.  Maybe on the east coast.  It’s perfect.


And since this will be the one real meal of the day, I can enjoy it without guilt.  We talk; we laugh; we eat.  A delicious start to our two weeks on the Cape.

No comments:

Post a Comment