Saturday, June 12, 2010

hair: 4, body: 0 (m)

Reached the 60-pound mark today....finally.

Went to a charity event this evening.   The invitation said "Cocktail attire."  Dinner was at 8 p.m. .  I wore my new Ralph Lauren black sleeveless blouse with the ruffles under a black silk sweater with black dressy pants and pearls.  I thought I looked pretty good.  Most of the women there were in pastel sundresses....pink, white, green, pink and green.  I think they looked like the main float in an Easter parade.   They seemed quite pleased with themselves, so who am I to judge?

Sat at the same table as the Mayor of Boston which drew alot of people over to our table.  I stood up to greet many of those I knew.  I got three comments on my hair, none on my body. I'm a little tired of my hair getting top billing. 

The entertainer was Grammy award winner (and Elvis Costello's wife) Diana Krall.  She was excellent.  Even though I got no comments on my weight loss, I was in a good mood just listening to her.

As I was leaving, I headed to the Ladies' Room before the ride home.  There, in the bathroom, I ran into someone I used to work with.  I haven't seen her since last year.  She doesn't miss a trick.  She looked at me and said "Wow, you look great.  New hairstyle?".

You know, ordinarily I would have said, "yes, new hairstyle (it is a little different)."  But tonight, I felt empowered.  Instead I said "No, actually, I've lost 60 pounds....that's probably why I look a little different to you".

And then I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment