Tuesday, June 1, 2010

re-connecting with an old friend (m)

I knew this would happen. 

Remember the night I was waiting for Sam to come home from Gettysburg?  I tried to keep myself amused without food and trolled Facebook for a couple of hours.  In the course of doing that, I reached out to an old friend.

The next day, I got an email from her.  She was quite excited to hear from me, gave me her phone number and asked me to call her.  I waited until today to do so.

Margo and I went to Wharton together.  She is from Long Island and a self-proclaimed "Daddy's girl." Daddy was a big shot executive and pampered her with diamond studs and fancy trips.  I lived vicariously through her.

One day, Margo and I were sitting on the steps of Vance Hall, watching the passersby.  She decided it was time to give this "shiksa" a lesson in nose jobs.  We spent the better part of the afternoon trying to spot who had a nose job and, of those, who had a Dr. Diamond nose job.  I have never seen the world the same way.

About 2 hours into my tutorial, I turned to Margo and asked her what her nose looked like before she got it fixed.  She looked at me for a bit and said, "Kinda like yours."

She wants to get together soon and says she'll drive up to Boston.  I am about 60 pounds heavier than I was the last time I saw her.

As much as I'd like to see her, I'm dreading this.

Facebook.  I'd like to get my hands on that guy who invented it.

No comments:

Post a Comment