Monday, June 7, 2010

don't try this (lyn)

Costco sells a great mozzarella and spinach ravioli.  Each container (it comes two to a pack) provides 9 (5-point) servings.  I don’t eat it (too many points for too little) but Alexander loves it.

This morning, I make a package and put it in a large bowl for Alexander to have for dinner.  I eat a quick sandwich, as I need to work tonight.  Alexander returns from football camp about 8, and I tell him that I’ve made some ravioli for him.  “It’s in the fridge; just heat it up.  I’ll be back in an hour or so.”  I come home and Alexander shows me the bowl with about five ravioli left in it. “That was a lot of pasta.  I couldn’t finish it all.”  He’s eaten all but one serving. 

Let’s see, if he were tracking points, his dinner tonight would total 54.5 points: 40 for the 8 servings of pasta, and 14.5 for the ice cream cone he has for dessert.  Alexander’s dinner is the point-equivalent of three full days worth of food for me.  

Lucky for him he doesn’t need to track!  

No comments:

Post a Comment