Thursday, November 26, 2009

another year, another thanksgiving (m)

Same place, same time, same people, same menu, same snafu with the turkey (the one in the grill was ready two hours after dinner).

The cousins laughed,  the sisters-in-law cooked, my mother visited with her grandchildren, the fire was warm, the music was upbeat, my brothers and I did the dishes and then we celebrated the November birthdays...my brother, Joe and my son, Sam.

I ate according to plan and was satisfied enough.

Did we play any games?  Sort of.  My brother, Phil, suggested we survey people for what worked and what didn't (e.g. turkey breast vs. whole turkey, grilled or oven-cooked; mashed potatoes versus twice-baked potatoes; which casseroles to repeat versus which to eliminate).

My weight loss went unnoticed except by my mother.  However, since she is the most alert one in the group, it was enough for me.

All in all, a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment