Friday, November 13, 2009

I love you carl evans (lyn)

I never hear back yesterday from the technician who was going to try his hardest to get me an earlier date.  So with coffee in hand, I brace myself for another long, frustrating conversation with the cable company.  I call at 8am, and get through quickly.  I give my name, address, phone number. I explain the problem.  I ask for a supervisor.  And today is my lucky day.  I get Carl Evans.  He listens.  He is empathetic.  I am almost in tears.  When he says he will see what he can do and call me back I am mistrustful.  I tell him that many others before him have promised the same without delivering.  He is not like the others, he says; he assures me that he’ll call me back within 30 minutes. And then he does.

“Good news,” Carl says, “someone can come today, I just don’t know when.” No problem.  I am just so happy that someone is coming.  By 11:30am Wayne and Tommy arrive.  Within 15 minutes they identify the problem and fix it.  And such a strange problem it is.

Silvia, my 98-year-old neighbor, died recently.  Yesterday, the cable company came to disconnect her cable.  Turns out that several years ago, when the cable was first installed, they inadvertently connected my wire to her port and vice versa.  So yesterday when the cable company disconnected her cable they were actually disconnecting mine.  Simple problem.  Simple solution. And more than 24 hours of frustration in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment