Sunday, November 22, 2009

I could but I'm not (lyn)

I’m sitting at my computer contemplating what to write about.  I feel like Carrie Bradshaw, but while she is pondering sex and relationships in the City, my thoughts are more mundane. 


I could write about the new Nespresso Aeroccino Plus 3192 that I purchase this weekend and then can’t get my 2% milk to froth (despite an accompanying two-page illustrated instruction booklet in four different languages).
Or, I could describe my amazement in learning that WW assigns the same number of points to 4 pieces of salmon sushi that it does to four pieces of salmon sashimi.  Knowing this, on Saturday night I order in something called ‘American Sushi’ (isn’t that an oxymoron?) from an excellent ‘fusion Japanese’ restaurant called Wasabi Lobby.  The name may be ridiculous, but the food is near-perfect.
Or, I could write about Alexander’s SAT tutor that we meet for the first time today.  But J. doesn’t have any amusing characteristics (he just seems smart, humble, approachable, experienced, and likeable).
Or, I could tell how I discovered that Staples gives $3 rebates (now mailed to you) for used printer cartridges on ink jet printers.  I already knew this about the laser toners, but not the ink cartridges.   Had I known, I could have put $12 (from the four cartridges I tossed earlier this week) toward the purchase of my Nespresso Aerocccino Plus.
 But since all these things would not make for compelling reading, I’ll spare you the details.  Suffice it to say, it was a quiet weekend.  Home with my son, reading, watching TV, and eating just the right amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment