Friday, November 20, 2009

mistaken identity (lyn)

I decide to have keys made today.  I don’t really need another set, but I do need an excuse to use my new copper key ring prize from Weight Watchers.   The locksmith tells me I’m sexy.  I think he’s kidding but I take the compliment just the same.  I go to the library to pick up a book, and then stroll over to Agata’s to buy lean turkey to make into burgers for dinner tonight.  On a high from the locksmith, I hear a voice behind me say, “You are so cute.”  And I’m not even wearing makeup.  I am feeling so good.  I smile and turn around to thank the voice and see a woman, scrunched down and talking to a little white dog, hitched to a pole.   I feel foolish, although she doesn’t know my mistake.  But it’s still a good day.  The pants I put on this morning to wear don’t fit anymore, and I bought them just a year ago.  And Alexander comments that I look good (“skinny on the top and normal on the bottom”).  Another 15 pounds and I should be skinny all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment