Monday, November 9, 2009

yes, but... (lyn)

It’s a perfect fall day.  60 degrees, going up to almost 70.  I get up early, put on my running shoes with soles that appear to be coated with invisible glue that still remains from the mouse trap, grab my nano, and leave.  I walk/run faster when I’m alone, but I’d much prefer company.  It’s an effortless walk/run and I’m home in 55 minutes, (about a 15-minute mile).


I check my mail, shower, and have coffee with Karen.  By 10am, I’m back at my computer doing stuff.  Seems like I always have so much stuff to do.  I look up and it’s 3 o’clock and I haven’t eaten a thing.  And, I still need to run out to the post office, buy some groceries, make Alexander dinner, have a quick bite, and leave by 5:30 (I’m volunteering to do check-in at tonight’s screening, The Men Who Stare at Goats-a ridiculous movie). 


I end up skipping breakfast and lunch entirely, which I know is not good.  I pretend to make up for it by having a semi-healthy dinner:  swordfish with spinach and grilled tomatoes, and a WW ice cream.  But then at the movies I eat  a 100-calorie bag of popcorn and a WW dark chocolate and raspberry mini bar.


I eat no fruit, no dairy, and no fiber today.  So even though I stay well within my points, I’d say I totally blew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment