Friday, January 15, 2010

this and that (lyn)

Last night my bedroom thermometer registered 81 degrees (and I have no radiators in my room).  It’s oppressive.  I open the winter to sleep, and the 20-degree outside temperature feels good.  I like a cold room.  But when I awake this morning, I am sneezing, have a sore throat, runny eyes, and a deep chest cough.   Not a good way to start the day.  I decide to stay in, cancel my appointment at the Apple Genius Bar and my evening plans, and get things done. 
      I apply for a couple of jobs online.  Write tailored cover letters.  But doubt I’ll hear back from the companies, despite knowing I’m eminently qualified.
      I have tea (I haven’t felt like coffee in two weeks, but like saving the half point the skim milk adds) with my neighbor and her two children.
      I write some emails (including one to my landlord about the boiler, though I’m sure nothing will come of it).
      I create six personalized photo cards for my friends and family who have birthdays in January and February.
      I check two theater sites to see if there is anything worth seeing this weekend for $3.50/ticket.  Find only an off-Broadway play called Sexual Healing, but then can’t find anyone who is interested in seeing it.
      I re-connect with a friend from high school whom I haven’t seen in probably 20 years (thank-you Facebook).  We email each other about our lives. 
      I have a deep chocolate Vitamuffin top…these really are delicious, and only 1 point.
      I make some calls.  Solidify some plans for the weekend.  Talk about kids, college, football, the school Benefit, food, Weight Watchers, and family.
      It’s now 3:30 and I’m starving and P will be over soon to pick up a book and some movies I’m lending her. 
      P comes over for an hour and we snack on fruit and edamame.
      Alexander calls and he’s going out with friends and won’t be home till late.
      I read yesterday and today’s NY Times, and catch up on two issues of Entertainment Weekly.
      I eat a solo dinner of a turkey burger on a roll, fat-free Pringles, and 2/3 slice of angel food cake with lemon frosting.
      I watch some TV, start a new book (Shatter by Michael Robotham), DVR a few shows, and am about to go to bed wondering if today is really worth writing about.  Probably not.  

No comments:

Post a Comment