Wednesday, January 13, 2010

simon says (lyn)

The star judge of American Idol is estimated to make $36 million per season. But despite his salary, Simon Cowell announced on Monday that he is leaving the show at the end of this season.  In an interview today, someone asks him why, and he responds, “Getting successful is more fun than being successful.”  I think he’s right.

There are two women in my WW group that are blond, fit, and thin.  They began this program last January and lost 40 pounds each by September.  I met them when they were receiving their lifetime membership awards.  I didn’t know them before, but their afters are pretty amazing.  One of the things they say is that maintaining a good weight is more difficult than achieving it.  And, they add, not as much fun.  I think they are observing the same thing Simon is.  The process of achieving a goal is more gratifying than sustaining it.

No comments:

Post a Comment