Friday, January 1, 2010

a new beginning (m)

A new year.  A fresh start.

I purge the remaining temptations in the house.  The gifts of nuts, candy, cookies.  I pour out the last of the white wine.  A quick trip to the grocery store and my fresh produce supply is replenished.

I am ready for 2010.

My friend, P (last night's dinner hostess) calls to recap the events of last evening.  She is a psychologist by training and talks to me about resolutions.  She likes to think of them as "re-solutions".....solutions to problems that get the job done once and for all.  By definition, she says, the things on your list this year should not appear on your list next year if you truly solve the problem.

I think about this.  My weight has been an issue for my entire life.  Not just at New Year's, but every day of every year of my entire life.

Re-solutions.

Dare I think this is the year for me to cross this one off my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment