Tuesday, January 5, 2010

tic tacs and water (m)

Getting ready for the trip to Spokane next week.  My mind is on my knee which is causing me excruciating pain. How will I ever get on that plane? Went to PT this morning and Tara decides the workout will be light and we will focus instead on treating the acute pain.  "What caused this setback?" she wants to know.  High heels on New Year's Eve to keep my too-big pants from hitting the ground, I replied.   I can tell she thinks I'm a hopeless case.

We do the bike, ultrasound and electric "stim" then pack my knee in ice.  It doesn't feel any better and I find I'm watching the clock all day, waiting until I can pop more Advil.

Get to the rink to pick up Harrison and take him to Fenway Park where he and some other skaters will perform.  Very exciting.  I talk to one of his coaches (one of the greyhounds) and I notice he looks thinner.

Turns out, he's getting ready for Nationals in Spokane by dieting since he will be on television with the skaters.  His diet regime?  "Tic Tacs and water".

I feel like a cow next to this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment