Friday, January 22, 2010

weigh in today (m)

It's Friday.  As in TGIF.


First appointment of the day is with the knee surgeon. He literally wrote the book on menisectomies.


He tells me I will, indeed, need the surgery.  He takes a piece of paper and rips a straight line on one side.  "This is a simple tear of the meniscus." Then he takes the paper and attacks it like Edward Scissorhands, ripping it vertically and horizontally, then crumbles it a bit.  "This is the type of tear you have...large and complex."


We book the surgery for eight weeks from now. 


Meanwhile, he alleviates the pain with a shot of cortisone.  He asks me if I mind if he takes some fluid out of the knee as it is quite swollen.  I want to make sure I hear him right.  "Take fluid out?  OUT?" I ask.  "Yes, OUT" he says.  I explain I'm getting weighed in right after this appointment and tell him to feel free to drain my whole body.


I head out to WW, excited to see Elaine again.  She's in Florida.  I get on the scale.


Down 5.8 pounds.  Total to date: 44.2 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment