Monday, January 25, 2010

a walk in the rain (lyn)

I get up at 6:30 and look out my window.  It looks wet, but people are walking without umbrellas, and the temperature is 50, according to the TV.  I text Karen and say let’s go; she replies ok.

We meet outside my door at 6:45.  What looked faintly drizzly from my window looks different once we leave the building.  We get to the corner and the wind is very strong; we feel like those weather people in the news who are standing in the mist of a hurricane describing the conditions to viewers.  We decide to turn back.

After a few steps we think it would be such a waste to have gotten up and out and still not go, so we agree to proceed.  We put the hoods up on our weatherproof jackets and forge ahead.   Between the rain and the wind and our hoods, talking is difficult .


The reservoir is covered in puddles, and we are the only people there.  It’s a little eerie.  We decide to walk around the bridal path which is slightly longer.

We arrive home in 1 hour, 5 minutes, and 26 seconds. Yes, I decided to use the stopwatch again.  I think Karen thought I was joking when I suggested we could use the stopwatch as a gage to increase our times.

I get in the apartment, soaking wet, but glad I walked—that’s five times this week.  But then I see a large formation in Alexander’s bed.  It’s 7:50 and the bus comes at 7:38.   Looks like I may need to go to college with my son to insure he gets to class on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment