Thursday, March 4, 2010

bobby's wives (m)

Bobby, the cook at the skating club, has two "wives".....one of them is an actual wife and the mother of his children.  They live down South and he and this woman have been estranged for years.

The other woman is not his wife, but his girlfriend.

Last week, the girlfriend wife broke up with him.  He was devastated.  It was a bad soup week in Boston.  I never saw Bobby cry before, but he would tear up anytime anyone asked him how he was doing.  "I can't eat, I can't sleep, my heart is broken," was the standard answer.  He kept me at the counter for 25 minutes going on and on about how his life was over.

I walked into the club today and stopped by to see him and order some green tea.  He was at the stove, singing and laughing.  How are things going, Bobby? I asked.  He had a gleam in his eye and a spring in his step.  "M...M...M...I have been looking for you.  My wife...she lose 81 pounds now!   She look HOT!"

For a minute, I was confused and then I realized he was talking about his wife wife.

Then, he showed me a picture of her on his laptop.  She is down to 169 pounds (he doesn't like skinny) and looks very curvy.  I looked at the picture and then at him.  He looked like a teenager in love.

"She want to get together with me.  I think I'm gonna do it."

Men.  Could they be any simpler?

No comments:

Post a Comment