Wednesday, March 3, 2010

why is it taking so long? (lyn)

Yes, I ate well at Shari’s birthday dinner.  But that was last Thursday, so I had five days to make up for it.  And yes, I had a big brunch with out-of-town friends on Sunday, but I ordered a healthy, low-point omelet.  So what if that same night I ate an 11-ounce prime shell steak (15 points by itself and I only get 18 per day), since the next morning I was sick and involuntarily expunged the entire dinner from my system? Then yesterday I left my house at 9am and did not return until 11pm.  But even still, I ate a ham sandwich for lunch and a turkey burger for dinner with nothing in-between, not bad points-wise.  By last night, I had used up 34.5 of my 35 bonus points for the week.  But I do overestimate a lot of what I eat.  And my scale, as of yesterday morning, was still showing an almost two-pound loss for the week. 

So given all that, I wake up this morning expecting great results at weigh-in.  I get to my meeting and strip down for the scale.  Robin smiles and says, “Down POINT 2.  You should be so proud.  That’s 30 pounds total.  Congratulations.”  I feel like skipping the meeting for the first time and going home to sulk.  I don’t.  But these last few pounds are taking forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment