Tuesday, March 9, 2010

my brother's cupboard (m)

Had the MRI for my other knee.  Went alone as I wasn't nervous this time because I knew what to expect.   Very uncomfortable as the technician put a half brace on my right leg and the brace was cutting the mid-calf of my leg.  I asked her (midway through the process) if we could adjust it somewhat.  Answer: "No."  Just No.  Not, "I'm sorry, that would mean we would have to start over."  I spent the remaining 15 minutes giving her the "malocchio"......the evil eye curse.  I wished for her to gain a significant amount of weight.

Left the MRI place and went to my brother Phil's to pick up something.  He lives 10 minutes from the MRI center.  Got there and realized I hadn't had lunch.  It was 3:30 at this point.

I opened what I thought was the food cupboard.....the only thing I could see to eat was a rolled up bag of Ruffles potato chips.  Maybe an ounce was left.  Kept looking.  Absolutely nothing edible.  Just some spices.  No crackers, no candy, no cookies, nothing.  Not even cereal.

Looked in a few other cabinets.  Medicines.  Bills.  More spices (a lot of spices).  Sunglasses.  What the hell do these people eat?

Phil was downstairs getting the stuff for me to pick up.  I tried the refrigerator.  Skim milk, some leftover cutlets. A few cans of Fresca.  No fruit.  No vegetables. No cheese.  No cold cuts.  Nothing.

By now, I'm eyeing the dog biscuits.  They looked very good and I caught myself reading the nutrition label to see how many WW points in Pup-Peroni.

No wonder the whole family is stick-thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment