Tuesday, March 16, 2010

leopard shoes (m)

I read a whole book on the flight to Florida.  In one scene, the main character emerges out of a period of grieving and, as an outward manifestation of her re-embracing life, wears leopard shoes.

During the flight, the woman in front of me put her chair all the way back.  I could have given her dental implants her head was so close to my lap.  I hated her for ruining my flight.  When we got to the luggage carousel, I noticed she was wearing leopard print loafers.

Wait.  I'm not finished.

Get to the hotel room and start another book: Interpreter of Maladies.  Well-written but the author is a bit of a Debbie Downer.  In one of the short stories, one of the more stylish, flamboyant characters wears leopard print high heels to a party.

Now, this got me thinking.  I have a pair of Ferragamo leopard print heels.  Would they fit me now that I've lost almost 50 pounds?

Just as I'm getting excited thinking about steppin' out in my racy heels, I remember......I gave them away because they pinched my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment