Wednesday, March 10, 2010

everything old is new again (m)

Day 4 of cleaning out my closets, I get to the summer pants.  There are twelve pairs there.  Most have tags on them.  How they got there is a blur to me.  I don't even recognize some of them and have no recollection of having purchased them.   This is what happens when you live life at warp speed as I did when I was working and traveling around the world.

 I try on each pair and I'm in a sweat by the end.  Eight go into the pile to give away as none of them met the criteria to stay:  must be my current size or smaller;  must be fashionable now (goodbye to all those capris with the embroidered hems); must be of good quality (one got the axe on this dimension).

I look at the four remaining pairs.  I feel like Ellen DeGeneres on American Idol telling them they made the cut.  I look more closely.  They all have tags on them.  I don't know what year I bought these but it must have been 1999 as that is the last time I weighed what I do now.  While that sounds old, they are in every sense new to me.

The best part was not having to go to a store and deal with a salesperson stalking me in the fitting room.

Next stop: bathing suits.  I think I'll pour a drink for myself before I tackle this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment