Thursday, March 4, 2010

not there yet (lyn)

I decide to try on my size 28 Paige jeans.  The ones I attempted to sell last year on Craig’s list.  On October 18 I wrote: The size 28 Paige jeans…will be my goal jeans—to fit in them by next Spring. 

It’s not exactly spring yet.  In fact, to date this winter, 47.4 inches of snow have fallen on Central Park, compared to an average to date of 18.1.  Dirty snow mounds line the streets.   But still, spring is now less than a month away.  So I thought I’d try.

I find the jeans hidden in my closet.  I am amazed to find that they actually make it past my calves, and even over my thighs.  I can actually get them on.  And if I hold my breath, I can button them.  I’m spilling out over the sides, but at least they are on.  Not exactly wearable yet, but on.  Alexander offers some advice:

  • Don’t dance in them.
  • Don’t bend over to pick anything up.
  • Don’t lift your shirt.
  • Don’t jump up and down.
  • Don’t tuck anything into them.
I take them off and put on what-were-once my aspirational size 29 Lucky jeans.  They are even feeling a little loose.

I hope that by the time Spring actually does arrive, and that any vestige of winter has been erased, the size 28 Paige jeans will fit.    We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment