Wednesday, March 10, 2010

finally! (lyn)

As I’ve probably mentioned,  I’m a compulsive recorder of things. (No doubt, that's one of the reasons I'm such a star pupil at WW).    I would have made a good historian.  My calendar includes relevant information at various doctors' visits over the years, so I am able to track my past weight.  Here’s my recent history:

Date
Weight
26-Feb-01
134.0
16-Mar-03
128.0
02-Mar-04
124.0
14-Mar-05
133.0
30-May-06
128.0
19-Sep-06
118.0
11-Dec-06
123.5
13-Dec-07
148.0
16-Sep-09
160.0

Today is Wednesday.   Weigh-in day.  I step on the scale and earn a truly big smile from Robin.  She knows that my last few weeks of losing little have frustrated me.  But today she looks like she wants to jump out of her seat and hug me.  “You’ve had a fabulous week.  Really great.”  I’m still expecting point something pounds.  But this week she says, “One point eight pounds.”  That’s what I’ve lost in the prior five weeks combined.  That’s 31.8 pounds total.  I'm now 128.2.  That’s the same weight I was in May 2006, before I started gaining.  And most importantly, I am now back in the 120’s, a place I hope never to leave.

The next few weeks are going to be tough.  I have a few birthday celebrations coming up (including my own) plus an out-of-town trip for a few days.  When I mention this to Robin she says, “Well I find that what helps me remember to stay on plan is to always carry around my little Weight Watchers Pocket Guide.”   

But I know I don’t need to carry around a reminder.  Looking at my new body is reminder enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment