Thursday, March 4, 2010

top ten compliments this week (m)

Every now and then, I seem to hit a point where I get a rash of compliments.  Here are the Top Ten from this week:

10.My brother, Phil, upon seeing me at the hospital visiting our aunt: "You went way down;  but I don't think gray is a good color for us." ( I was wearing a gray sweater).
9. My cousin Patty (also at the hospital):  "Your face got so thin but you need a better bra." (I was wearing a good one).
8. Our cousin Chris (Steven's wife).  "You look great.  I hope you don't gain it all back as I did."
7. S, the skating coach: "Did you lose more weight?  I can never tell since you cover yourself up in that down coat."
6. Dory and Nancy (Aunt N's friends): "You look great...you are off to a great start!"
5. Peter (parent at H's school): "You look great. New hairdo?"
4. Mama E (at the rink).  "You are disappearing right in front of our eyes.  Well, not disappearing..."
3. Mark, the other skating coach. "Are you still doing Weight Watchers? I think I can notice a difference."
2. J, my neighbor, "You've lost over 45 pounds?  Really!" (as in: if you say so).

And the #1 compliment of the week is from my mother (when we were shopping today and I was looking up and down the aisles for her):

1. "I almost didn't recognize you.  You look like a normal person."

No comments:

Post a Comment