Wednesday, March 24, 2010

celebrating a slight gain (lyn)

I get to weight watchers and the regulars are already there.  As I’ve said before, this is a group of smart, opinionated, spirited and supportive woman.  I like going.  I see Eileen and take a seat next to her, before weighing in.  She asks how my trip was and I tell her.  I add that I’ll be happy if I only gained half a pound.  She surprises me and says, “You’ve come a long way.  When you first started you would have been so upset if you gained any weight at all.  Really, your acceptance of some weight gain on some weeks is a big accomplishment.”  I know she’s right.

I step on the scale and Marianne says, “Not bad.  You’re only up .2 pounds.”  I think I’m happier than I was when I lost two pounds in a week.

In the past eight days, I have eaten five dinners out: two major birthday celebrations including a 3-pound lobster and a big steak; grilled trout at a sketchy restaurant; an entire rack of pork ribs; and a beautifully prepared duck dinner.  But I was always conscious of what I was eating.  My choices were never accidental.  I skipped french fries, grabbing only a couple off of Alexander's plate.  I ate smart breakfasts.  I had healthy lunches.  And I didn’t snack foolishly in-between.

Point two points up and I feel great.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:48 AM EDT

    That's really terrific, Lyn. I've gained about three pounds in less than a week. I've been writing--sitting all day--and eating. Mostly the wrong things. I'm happy for you. I remember what it felt like.

    ReplyDelete