Saturday, March 6, 2010

not much to say (lyn)

Spring-like weather greets me this morning.  Alexander is off to Horace Mann where he tutors neighborhood kids on Saturday mornings.  I’m at home doing stuff.   I feel like I spend a lot of time doing stuff.  I’m very busy making no progress.  I wonder how this is even possible.  Adam (my gorgeous 29-year old nephew) stops by to drop off some DVD’s (“I’ll give them back in a few days," he promised when he borrowed them last December).  I go through my jeans drawer and make a pile of pants that no longer fit.  Then I do the same with my old bras.  I eat a quick lunch of tuna on a 100 calorie bagel and Pringles light chips (14 to be exact) and later have an apple.  I’m meeting Carol tonight to see a play, and fortunately she can’t meet for dinner.  This means I don’t have to contemplate the expense and complication of eating out.  I get a manicure.  Berry Dark , my new favorite, despite the silly-sounding name..  (Silly only because I think it’s a play on Very Dark, but I could be wrong).  Have a thrown together dinner of  five chicken and mozzarella ravioli from Costco, roasted vegetables, and some mango sorbet.  I meet Carol  downtown to see a new off-Broadway play, The Pride. Good but too long.  I’m home by midnight, in time to watch the news on SNL with Alexander.

2 comments:

  1. So what did you do with the old bras?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now they are sitting on my dresser in a bag. I'm hoping to find someone who might like some 34B's that have barely been worn.

    ReplyDelete