Saturday, March 6, 2010

me too (lyn)

Just read M's post and have to add a similar observation.


The other day when I was buying a new bra, I decided to try on bathing suits since I was almost naked anyway.   The bathing suits were from last season and were deeply discounted.  Linda's Bra Salon also sells gorgeous, expensive bathing suits by Karla Colletto.  These are not on display. They are housed in stacked plastic boxes on the floor, divided by size.


Last year I bought a size 10, so this year I went through the 8's and didn't like anything.  Why not take a peek at the 6's, I thought.  I found one that looked great off.  It was a smoky blue, one piece in a luxurious stretch fabric.  I squeezed into it and thought, it's definitely too snug but not too horrible.  Linda came in and re-arranged my breasts so they fit in the suit better and asserted with unwavering certainty, "You need an 8.  You have to weigh 118 pounds to be a 6."  But then she surprised me and said, apropos of nothing, "But your legs look good."


I looked down and had to agree with her.  The 30 pounds I've lost have had a dramatic affect on my legs.  They need to be toned, but in them I saw potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment