Tuesday, March 16, 2010

eating for two (m)

 First day in Florida.  I have on several layers, but it's my feet that are cold since all I have are sandals.

We get to breakfast at the Westin in Tampa and decide to eat outdoors in the sun.

My husband, the great planner, announces that there will be no lunch since Sam's team is playing a doubleheader, "so eat a big breakfast."

I bristle at the fact that my schedule will be disrupted this week.

I order a veggie egg white omelet with PAM and a bowl of berries and a pot of hot green tea.

The waiter, who has a nervous tic, has to run inside and outside to service his assigned tables.  I think he's having a nervous breakdown.  I get my eggs...no utensils...my tea...no cup.  The dark rye toast is not "dry" and I have to ask for him to get me a replacement.

I tell my husband I have to get to the blog.  "You have 5 minutes to do it," he says.  "I need to do some work on the computer myself."

I feel like Anne Frank, sneaking a few paragraphs of communication at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment