Monday, March 1, 2010

i'm sick (lyn)

After dinner last night (steak, mashed potatoes and tomatoes), I start to feel nauseous.  And tired.  By 9:15, I am in bed, with a towel next to me, just in case.  I awake at 1:30 and see that Alexander is still up studying.  The fact that he had a surprise snow day on Friday should have insured an early-to-bed time on Sunday, but it didn’t.  I’m feeling too sick to say anything.  And then, what am I going to say anyway?

I’m burning up.  Not from fever, but rather from my 76 degree apartment.  I open my window, and go back to sleep.

By six this morning I’m in the bathroom throwing up.  I don’t know if it’s something I ate or the stomach flu that seems to be going around.  I go back to sleep until the phone wakes me at 9:30.

I spend the day lying around, trying to read, and drinking green tea.  M suggests I go on the B.R.A.T diet for the day:

  • Bananas
  • Rice
  • Apple sauce
  • Toast
Around two, I’m still tired but my stomach feels fine.  I try some Weight Watchers multi-crisps in lieu of the T for toast and my body adapts.  By four, I am more adventurous and substitute the A for apple sauce for a plain A as in apple.  No problem.

By eight I’ve abandoned B.R.A.T. completely and asked Alexander if he could pick me up a plain roll and some deli turkey.  I have that for dinner, and digest it easily.  I think I can manage a mini Ciao Bella mango sorbet for dessert, and hope that whatever stomach thing possessed my body earlier today is now gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment